Jess Bunshaft is one of the principals of the Synergist Mediation, bringing years of mediation experience to the practice. Added to this is his experience as a trial lawyer, trying major cases in tort & civil rights matters in both state and federal courts.
Jess also has worked as a hospital & healthcare system vice president, executive vice president of one of the largest not-for-profit organizations in New York, and, most importantly, as a professional mediator and neutral, trained, experienced and highly skilled in the practice of mediation.
Recognized for his skill in mediation, Jess:
- Created and led in-house employee relations mediation programs, resolving hundreds of employee-management disputes for over 14 years
- Has extensive experience in employment law, tort actions, civil rights matters, business management and commercial litigation
- Has worked as an employee advocate
- Served in the management of hospital/healthcare organizations throughout the New York metro area
- Has led programs in mediator training programs
- Co-chairs the Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association (NCBA)
- Has taught law students studying mediation, most recently serving as mediator for the mediation advocacy program at the St. John’s University School of Law and for the ABA mediation advocacy competition at Cardozo Law School
- Co-chaired the 2019 NYSBA/NCBA Advanced Commercial Mediator Training program
Jess also is a mediator and arbitrator for Part 137 fee dispute arbitrations, including chairing panel arbitrations, in New York and Bronx counties and is an arbitrator for the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).